Every girl has a relationship with lipstick that cannot fully be explained, and it is difficult to understand unless you know the power of a good lip color. When you choose the right one, it will not just enhance your beauty – but also protects the lips from sun damage through hydration. Lipstick has gone through numerous changes, and today, there are numerous varieties and colors to choose from.
Among all these is M’aycreate, a lipstick and makeup brand that is quite famous in South East Asia. However, is it worth your money or should you consider buying something else? We will answer these questions in this review, and also give some basic features that make this lip product stand out.
What is M’aycreate lipstick brand?
The brand itself has Asian origins – having its headquarters in China, and most of its consumers coming from South East Asian countries – particularly Malaysia and Indonesia. This makes it quite uncommon in the United States or other parts of the world, but you can still purchase it from online stores such as Alibaba if you still want to try it for yourself.
What should you expect from its use?
The brand has seen a major growth due to its good quality, even extending to its makeup products, and many users love the consistency of colors and its easy application. It has booth sheer that you can find here, as well as matte formulas that you can find here, so it is possible to find something that will work for your needs.
The brand has 10 colors to choose from in their sheer lipstick range, while the matte range has 8 shades to choose from. Most of the colors are in variations of reds and oranges. You can either buy them as a complete set, or get the individual colors. These are:
- Kiss red (#201) – similar to the sexy red, but with a toned down intensity
- Red bean paste (#202) – has a red-brown color appearance, which gives it a more subtle finish
- Matte aunt red (#206) – a very bright shade of red, which will look good on fair skin complexions
- Color coral (#207) – this is a shade of red that borders on a rosy pink, so is the most subtle of all the lip shades.
- Popolar color (#209) – has the appearance of a lip tint. Very subtle gradient, with most of the color being towards the inner part of the lips.
- Color mermaid (#211) – similar to dusty pink in appearance. Very light, and has the consistency of a light lip balm or lip tint.
- Pumpkin color (#212) – very bright orange that has a semi-matte finish.
- Grapefruit (#213) – has a pink-red appearance, with the consistency of a semi-matte lip color
- Sexy red (#214) – the brightest red in the collection, has the appearance of classic red lipstick
- Blood orange (#204) – orange but with a tinge of red
The color though will not work if you have a dark complexion though. Even though a woman with olive skin complexion can get away with the brilliant colors, the brand mostly caters to women with fair skin complexions rather than dark ones.
Is it suitable for multiple skin complexions?
The answer to this question is – not really. Since the variety in the collection is rather small, it is also not suitable for women with darker or olive skin tones, who might want to work with darker lip colors. When it comes to using a lip liner, you should pick one in a lighter shade, as the color of the lipstick is very sheer and bright which looks out of place with darker lip liners.
The best part of the lipstick, whether you are dealing with the sheer or matte type, is the opaque application – you do not need to apply much color make the most of it. All the lipsticks we saw in the range have a natural sheen to them as well as a velvet-like texture, which makes the color of the lips look even and smooth without forcing you to manipulate the result too much.
The consistency of the entire application is actually shinier than you might expect when you initially apply it, although this eventually fades and leaves the color underneath. This makes the lipstick quite similar to the feeling of using a lip tint, which is good news for you if you are looking for a subtle lip color that still keeps your lips moisturized and looking great.
The staying power of the M’aycreate lipstick is another impressive aspect – it can hold the result in place for up to five or six hours. In the case of the matte lipsticks, they can hold up well for an entire day without you needing to touch up the color again.
Finish after application
Another good thing about the M’aycreate lipstick brand range is their finish – because it has a smoothening effect and has plenty of moisturizing ingredients, it does not leave your lips flaky and dry by the end of the process. It is also very hydrating and does not leave your lips feeling dry, after it fades off or after you remove it. This makes the formula work well for women who struggle with dry lips.
Overview of the formula
The marketing of the product presents it as a lipstick that has a ‘satin-like’ finish with pigments that are ‘ultra-thin’. This makes it easy for the lipstick to achieve complete coverage without you having to apply too much of it, as well as having a base that moisturizes your pout for the entire wear time.
Many shades within the range have a luminous or satin-like finish, yet still retain a luminous appearance. This eventually makes your lips have a lighter appearance, as well as a fuller and smoother look that any true satin finish will not always have. Because of this, it also works well for women that have thinner lips, due to the smooth consistency.
As for the texture, it is quite smooth and has a velvet-like feel, making it quite easy in terms of gliding application. However, it is also not too wet in its finish, so it will not overemphasize lip creases, imperfections or other problems with your lip texture. The coverage is also opaque, even for the more subtle shades such as red bean.
Many of the shades wear between five and six hours, while the richer hues and matte lipsticks wearing for an even longer time. The taste is also not discernible, and the scent of the lip color is very subtle.
- Easy to apply
- Opaque application that lasts for a long time
- Moisturizing ingredients that leave your lips soft the entire day
- The color spread is even, and forgiving of imperfections
- It can glide smoothly on your lips
- The palette includes sheer and matte colors, so you can choose what works for you
- Availability – unless you live in South East Asia, it is difficult to buy the lipstick
The M’aycreate lipstick brand is a good fit, especially if you have fair or olive skin complexion. The colors are limited though, as darker shades and nudes are unavailable – so it may not work for you if you have a dark complexion.